MEDIA RELEASE - From tomorrow, Kiwis will be able to experience the future of television – with Vodafone TV consoles available to take home, plug in and open up a world of entertainment like never before.
Vodafone TV gives you freedom and control over your favourite content by bringing SKY TV, free-to-air and a range of popular online and app-based entertainment together in one easy to use system.
“We’ve been blown away by the response we’ve had from customers who have seen Vodafone TV in action and instantly get how much better television watching can be,” said Vodafone Consumer Director, Matt Williams.
“Vodafone TV simplifies everything for the customer by delivering a fantastic range of local and international content, all in one place and with simple features to make viewing easy.”
It features catch-up functionality that is delivered direct from the cloud so customers can watch lots of the shows they’ve missed over the last three days.
And in a world where mobility is everything, Vodafone TV gives viewers the option to switch seamlessly between their smartphone, tablet and television. With some of the content – viewers have the ability to stop what they’re watching on TV, pick it up on their smart phone, and continue watching after they’ve left the house.
From tomorrow, Kiwis can sign up to our Vodafone unlimited Fibre or FibreX plan with SKY Basic and Vodafone TV from just $139.99 per month on a 12 and 24 month term.
In addition to unlimited broadband and SKY Basic, the Vodafone TV packages will include all free-to-air channels such as TVNZ 1 and TVNZ 2, THREE, Bravo, Prime, Maori Television and Television 33 – and access to premium subscription applications like Netflix*, and TVNZ OnDemand, ThreeNow, YouTube, iHeartRadio, WatchMe and Love Nature 4K.
Customers will have the option to add on premium content choices like SKY Sport, SoHo and SKY Movies, and with Vodafone TV, they won’t require a SKY satellite dish.
Matt concluded, “We are thrilled to be partnering with SKY and our other content partners to offer their massive range of entertainment across our innovative digital platform. We’re calling on everyone who has yet to try Vodafone TV to head into one of our stores and experience the magic for themselves.”
Over time Vodafone expects to expand content channels and evolving functionality will make the experience even more diverse and user-friendly for customers.
To watch the Vodafone TVC click here.
Notes to editor:
- Vodafone TV is only available with a 12 or 24 month Vodafone Unlimited Fibre or FibreX plan
- Fibre and FibreX are not available everywhere
- *You will need a separate Netflix streaming membership to gain easy access to these services using Vodafone TV.
- Mobile data charges may apply. Compatible device required.
- TVNZ OnDemand will be coming to the platform later in November, 2017.
- Features and functionality will vary according to the content source and subscription type, see Vodafone.co.nz/vodafonetv for more details.
- Not all content is available via catch up TV or in 4K.
- 4K resolution requires a 4K‑capable TV.